To be able to participate in the CDTC, you must:
- Be a renewed, teaching status PADI Master Instructor for at least the past six months
- Have no verified Quality Assurance complaints for at least the past 12 months
- Conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual for at least the past 12 months.
- Exclusively use the complete PADI System of diver education including all appropriate PADI training materials for at least the past 12 months.
- Certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Have staffed at least two complete IDCs after being certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Certified as a current Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- Experience working with a PADI dive shop or resort
- Have a minimum of 250 logged dives
- Meet all other requirements as specified by PADI at the time of application
Meeting these pre requisites does not constitute acceptance into the CDTC. Applications for the course which meet the criteria will be pooled with the top ranking applications being accepted for the course.